Your privacy is important to us and we are committed to keeping your information secure and managing it in accordance with our legal responsibilities under applicable data protection laws.
Please read this Privacy Statement carefully as it contains important information to help you understand how and why we process any personal information that you give to us.
What information we collect
We process personal information which you give us:
- As a client to provide you with legal services.
- Whilst servicing your account through our website, in writing, in person or over the phone.
- If you request information or assistance from us.
What personal information we process
- Personal details such as your date of birth, address, National Insurance number, telephone number and email address.
- Identity information such as your passport, driving licence, utility bills or national identity card.
- Family, lifestyle, financial and social circumstances.
- Financial details such as your income information about your bank accounts.
- Employment/self-employment details.
Special categories of Personal Data
Special categories of personal data include information about an individuals health and other categories of personal information which are closely protected.
We do not generally process such information unless you have voluntarily provided this to us, or it is relevant to the legal service you have asked us to provide you with. For example, in Family & Matrimonial matters, or where you have advised us of an issue, such as your health, which could mean that you may be classed as a “vulnerable client” i.e. due to your personal circumstances or personal characteristics you are particularly vulnerable to financial detriment. We will process sensitive information where you have provided this information to us and have agreed that we can use this information to delivery products and services to you. where possible we shall seek to minimise the collection and use of such special categories of personal data.
How we use your Information
We use your information to:
- Provide legal services to you.
- Provide and service your relationship with us.
- Comply with legal obligations for the prevention of financial crime and money laundering.
We will process your information in order to meet our contractual obligations to you, were have a legitimate interest to do so, where we are permitted by law or to comply with applicable laws and regulation.